District 66 Informational Page for Building Bond Referendum – April 4, 2017
The Center Cass School District 66 Board of Education has approved a Referendum Resolution to be placed on the ballot for the upcoming April 4, 2017 consolidated general election. The total amount being sought for this referendum is $12,910,000. All funds being sought would be used for repairs, maintenance, alterations, additions, site improvements, equipping, and increasing safety and security for our schools.
This webpage provides access to factual information for all residents prior to voting on the referendum question. In addition to the District website, factual information will also be mailed to all residents and multiple community information events will be held prior to April 4, 2017.
What Is The Total Amount Being Sought in the Referendum?
What Projects Are Included In The Referendum?
Elizabeth Ide School (grades K-2)
Repairs & Maintenance – $3,655,000
- Renovate and repair existing infrastructure, including building-wide heating, air conditioning, updated electrical outlets, water pipes, ADA compliant restrooms, and cracks in mortar joints
- Repair/replace all roof sections
- Sitework to address inadequate drainage that causes flooding on playground blacktop
- Increase office security for visitors entering the school
- Provide additional, off-street parking
Learning Environment – $7,906,500
- Construct an eight classroom addition to accommodate growing enrollment that will also provide additional space at Prairieview School
- Modernize all classrooms and provide common learning spaces for each grade level
- Expand gym space and the addition of a multipurpose room for lunch/recess
Lakeview Jr. High School (grades 6-8)
- Renovate and relocate main office to increase office security for visitors entering the school and to re-purpose classroom spaces for expansion of STEM
Learning Environment – $500,000
- Increase natural daylight in external classrooms
- Renovate entrance to main office to increase security for visitors entering the school
Ballot Language for the Referendum
Voters residing within Center Cass School District 66 are being asked to indicate “yes” or “no” to the following question:
Shall the Board of Education of Center Cass School District Number 66, DuPage County, Illinois, build and equip additions to, improve the sites, safety and security of and alter, repair and equip the Elizabeth Ide and Lakeview Junior High School Buildings, improve the sites, safety and security of and alter, repair and equip the Prairieview School Building and issue bonds of said School District to the amount of $12,910,000 for the purpose of paying the costs thereof?
Collaborative Planning Process
The projects brought forward for the public’s consideration on this referendum were identified and analyzed through a 12 month long Master Facilities Planning process. The Master Facility Planning was aimed to assess the District’s current facility needs and to create a long-range plan to address those needs. Community stakeholders and staff members provided input on the Master Facilities Plan through three community engagement events and various Board of Education meetings.
Get the Facts…
District 66 School Facilities Referendum Financial Overview
View images of the Plans for the Use of Referendum Funds
Calculate the Tax Impact of the Referendum
View the District Annual Report
View the Informational Community Presentation
(available after the first event to be held on February 27, 2017)
Upcoming Informational Community Presentations – Spring 2017
|Monday||February 27||7:00 p.m.||Elizabeth Ide School|
|Tuesday||February 28||7:00 p.m.||Elizabeth Ide School|
|Wednesday||March 8||7:00 p.m.||Elizabeth Ide School|
|Thursday||March 9||7:00 p.m.||Elizabeth Ide School|
|Saturday||March 11||10:00 a.m.||Elizabeth Ide School|
|Monday||March 20||7:00 p.m.||Elizabeth Ide School|
Vote on April 4, 2017
Community members may register to vote at the DuPage County Clerk’s Office or by completing the online application. https://www.dupageco.org/Election/Voting/.