Highlights from the January 9, 2017 District 66 Board of Education Meeting:
Recognitions and Celebrations:
• The Board recognized Lakeview students Danny Despotovic, Emma Erickson, and Eva Neupauerova for their achievements in art.
• Dr. Arnold announced that Erika Myers, STEM teacher at Lakeview, was awarded a fellowship for the Northrop Grumman Foundation Teachers Academy. Refer to the Teacher Focus section of the December – January edition of the Newsletter to read more.
The Board has approved a Referendum Resolution to be placed on the ballot for the upcoming April 4, 2017 consolidated general election. Additional information will be provided in the February District Newsletter.
Future Ready Learning Plan Update
John Hummel presented the Future Ready Learning Plan based on Future Ready Learning – Reimagining the Role of Technology in Education. He outlined the major components of the plan. For more information click here.
Preschool Registration Fees 2017-18
The Board approved the Prairieview Preschool program for the 2017-18 school year as follows:
- Three Year Olds Program:
- The program operates three days a week: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, from 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Fees will be $180 per month for 9 months
- Four Year Olds Program:
- The program operates five days a week: Monday through Friday, from 11:45 a.m to 2:15 p.m.
- Fees will be $275 per month for 9 months
Welcome to Caroline Carbray who joined the district as a Special Education Teacher at Elizabeth Ide.
District and Performance Goals
Dr. Arnold updated the Board with a presentation on the progress that has been made with the previously identified performance goals.
The District Facilities Committee met before the Board meeting and distributed the proposals received from fourteen architectural firms. Interviews will be completed by the end of February and the Committee will bring a recommendation to the Board at the March meeting.
Community Advisory Group (CAG)
The Community Advisory Group (CAG) met on January 3rd and discussed the open board seats and the election in April 2017.
The District Compensation Committee is working to define/set objectives and identify outcomes. The next meeting was scheduled for January 23, 2017.
Board Member Representation for CCESP Collective Bargaining
The Board approved Member Joan Cullen to serve with the Superintendent and school attorney on the CCESP Collective Bargaining Team.
The proposal from SchoolMessenger, West Website Solutions, was approved by the Board for redesign of the website.
Project Management for Prairieview School Roof Replacement
The Board approved the proposal as presented by Cotter Consulting to serve as project manager for the roof replacement at Prairieview School.
Transportation Shared Services
Dr. Arnold reported that he met with superintendents from District 63 and 61. They are moving forward with plans to share a Transportation Director between District 66 and 63 in 2017-2018.
The public is welcome to attend any Board of Education Meeting. Meetings begin at 7:00 p.m. at Prairieview Elementary School, 699 Plainfield Road, Downers Grove, IL.
February 13, 2017: Board of Education Meeting
March 13, 2017: Board of Education Meeting