- Board of Education Briefs – April 10, 2017
- Board of Education Briefs – February 13, 2017
- Board of Education Briefs – January 9, 2017
- Board of Education Briefs – August 8, 2016
- Board of Education Briefs – July 11, 2016
- Board of Education Briefs – June 13, 2016
- Board of Education Briefs – May 9, 2016
- Board of Education Briefs – April 11, 2016
- Board of Education Briefs – March 7, 2016
Highlights from the April 10, 2017
District 66 Board of Education Meeting:
Recognitions and Celebrations:
Board Member Recognition
Board members Tracey Edwards and Steven Vena were recognized for their four years of service to District 66.
Lakeview Students’ Artwork
The Board recognized the following Lakeview students for their achievements in art: Paige Antiporek, Nora Coonrod, Brenna Humphris, Aidan Kljucanin, Emma Lopez, Jenna Majchrzak, Max O’Connor, Ema Paskevicius, Kaitlyn Steffgen, and Alexandra Vlassakeva. Students were presented with a Certificate of Achievement and their artwork was displayed at the meeting.
Recognition of Community Efforts for Referendum
Board Member Sue Armato thanked everyone involved in the successful passage of the referendum on April 4, 2017.
Implementation of Repairs, Security, Renovations, and Additions
As the result of the building bond passing on April 4, 2017, we are moving forward with plans for repairs, security enhancements, renovations, and additions. For an overview of the next steps, click here.
Elizabeth Ide Principal
A decision on the principal search for Elizabeth Ide is near. Dr. Arnold plans to present the final candidate at the Board of Education Special Session meeting on April 24, 2017.
Drinking Water Lead Analysis Results
Dr. Arnold presented the results of the water testing required due to the newly enacted Illinois Plumbing Licensing Law (225 ILCS 320/35.5). These tests included 11 locations at Ide School, 23 locations at Prairieview School, and 24 locations at Lakeview Jr. High. A total of three faucets had results in excess of limits established by the Illinois Department of Public Health. Click here to read the letter Dr. Arnold sent to parents notifying them of the test results.
Prairieview Inspection for Water Damage
Dr. Arnold reported that Cotter Consulting has sought proposals on our behalf from at least two environmental consultants to assess the water damage in several concealed areas and to determine if a health concern exists. A proposal was received from one environmental consultant and other proposals are pending. In the meantime, initial air quality testing was scheduled to begin April 11. The district reaffirms that the safety of our students is a priority throughout this process.
Last Day of School and 8th Grade Graduation for 2016-17
Since no Emergency/Snow Days were needed this year, the last day of school will be Friday, June 2, 2017. Subsequently, 8th Grade Graduation will be held on Thursday, June 1, 2017.
Student Fees for 2017-18 School Year
Dr. Arnold recommended that the 2017-18 student fees remain the same as the 2016-17 school year, which is $140. This will be the sixth year in a row that student fees have not increased.
Elizabeth Hlotke – effective 6/30/17
James Gismondi – effective 5/31/17
Board of Education Special Session Meeting Agenda
On April 24, 2017, the Board of Education will hold a Special Session Meeting. At this organizational meeting the following shall occur:
- Each successful candidate, before taking his or her seat on the Board, shall take the oath of office as provided in Board policy 2:80, Board Member Oath and Conduct.
- The new School Board members shall be seated.
- The School Board shall elect its officers who assume office immediately upon their election.
- The School Board shall fix a time and date for its regular meetings.
- The final candidate for the Ide Principalship will be presented to the Board.
The public is welcome and encouraged to attend any Board of Education Meeting. Meetings begin at 7:00 p.m. at Prairieview School, 699 Plainfield Road, Downers Grove, IL.
Upcoming Board of Education Meetings:
- April 24, 2017
- May 8, 2017
- May 22, 2017
- June 12, 2017
- June 26, 2017